Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Being Part of a Live Studio Audience...

...is what I'm going to be doing on March 17th!!

Permission to be jealous, granted.





















Sooo...my mom is coming into town for a week in March. In addition to her usual program of antique shop crawling, pastry binging, and rental car GPS fumbling, mommy dearest will be coming out to do something she's always wanted to do - see a live taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Aside from my Mom simply being a huge Oprah fan, her sister (my Aunt Teresa) went to a live taping of Martha a few years back and couldn't stop raving about it for months. It got obnoxious, but the nonstop countertop feed of baked goods made it worth enduring.

I stole the photo above from Aunt Tessa's old AOL "You've got Photos" account. Don't ask about the yellow ponchos. Apparently, Martha was demonstrating an "extra juicy" turkey basting technique and handed them out in case of squirtage. I know...it's a little cheesey, especially since nobody actually got wet, but the Martha brand poncho is a totally amazing souvenir. My aunt still power walks in it to this day!!

Anyway, back to Oprah. As most of you probably know, it's Oprah's very last season. I read in US Weekly that Anderson Cooper might replace her, which I'm totally fine with considering AC is the hottest gray-haired man on the planet!! Regardless, Oprah's absence from my life (mostly in the form of my mom's constant references to her show) will definitely be palpable. She such an amazing and inspiring woman. Take that Michele Obama!!

Well, I'm off. I know it's still a month away, but it's never too early to swiffer the apartment. Mom is such a stickler!!

<3

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment